When you are asked that question you say a firm ‘Yes’ immediately, after all who would be stupid enough not to? But what is your backup? Is it checked? Is it safe? Is it up to date? Have you tested a restore? These are the questions where people are more hesitant.
Traditionally tapes have been the solid way backups have taken place however to anyone who has had to invest in a tape drive and assorted tapes to a reasonable backup rotation scheme will know how costly this is not to mention the man hours that have to go into this and backup software.
More and more firms are moving to cloud backup as it is simpler, faster, more reliable and a far lower ongoing cost. Security is often an argument heard however how often do tapes just go missing or you see a pile of them on a technician’s desk? Cloud53 backups are encrypted (only the customer has the security key) and stored in a Tier3 UK Datacentres.
How important is your data? Some facts regarding data loss
- 6% of all PC’s will suffer an episode of data loss per year
- 31% of all PC users have lost all their data due to events beyond their control
- 34% of companies fail to test their tape backups – 77% of these have found backup failures
- 60% of companies that lose all their data shutdown within 6 months of the disaster
- 42% of attempted recoveries from tape backups fail
- 20% of all small businesses will be hacked within the first year
- 40% of small to medium sized firms who manage their own network will have their network accessed by a hacker, more than 50% will not be aware
To find out more about how Cloud backup by Cloud53 could benefit you, please get in touch.